The rights and obligations of passengers are listed in the general terms of purchase that came into force on 1 june 2018. The most significant additions were free travel for children under 6 years old, accompanied by an adult with a valid travel ticket, and the setting of the fine at €50 when caught travelling without a ticket.
To be aware of your rights and obligations, we have included the full terms of purchase if you wish to read them completely.
Actions that are allowed
- Carrying objects or packages that do not measure more than 100 x 60 x 25 cm.
- Carrying surfboards in surfboard socks or bags that do not exceed two metres in length, in the central platforms of carriages without interrupting the transit.
- Travelling with prams and strollers, if they are suitably restrained.
- Travelling with pets, if they are not dangerous or annoying.
- Travelling with bicycles.
Actions that are not allowed
- Travelling without a ticket
People exempt from having tickets: Children under the age of 6 if they are accompanied by an adult who has a ticket, people accompanying blind passengers, and people with limited mobility who need to use a wheelchair.
- Smoking, eating, or drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Riding bicycles, skates, or similar.
* This information refers to train and tram services. Bus services come under ATTG regulations (Gipuzkoa) and CTB regulations (Bizkaia).