Location of wheelchair spaces
- The 900 series trains have areas reserved for wheelchairs in the R1 and R2/R3 carriages. They are located at the ends of the R1 and R2/R3 carriages (central section of the train).
- In order to standardise these units with the 950 series trains, in which the areas reserved for wheelchairs are in the central section of the R1 carriage (central carriage), we are adapting the 900 series.
- The way to enter and exit the train has changed with regards to the current model. The entry mode and the operation of the ramps are different depending on the types of trains, which are classified, according to their degree of accessibility, based on the criteria set out below:
Classification according to accessibility
Type 1: Stations in which the train/platform ramp is necessary and the demand for its use is high.
- Station accessible via door for people with limited mobility with ramp (Door B).
- Automatic deployment of the ramp and door.
- You do not need to request access.
Type 2: Stations in which the train/platform ramp is necessary and the demand for its use is low.
- Station accessible via door for people with limited mobility with ramp (Door B)..
- You must request its use if needed: By pressing the Reduced Mobility button near the wheelchair space, using the ONCE control, it will be activated by the engine driver or by an external Reduced Mobility control in the ticket office.
- o Once enabled, the ramp deploys and the door opens automatically.
Type 3: Stations with easy train/platform transition.
- Station accessible via a Reduced Mobility door without a ramp (centre of the carriage), (Door A).
Type 4: Stations in which the train/platform transit cannot be covered by means of a ramp (excessive distance) or the platform is not accessible from the exterior of the station.
- The station is not accessible for some reason (platform/train) or access from outside the station to the platform is not possible.
- No ramps will be enabled and no door will be signposted as accessible.
|Station||Landing platform||Platform of retun|
|AIA - ORIO||3||3|
|BUSTURIA - AX.||3||3|
|DONOSTIA - S.S.||3||3|
|IRUN - COLON||3||3|
|IRUN - FICOBA||3||3|